- 2021-2022 AY Guidelines for any Human Research and COVID-19
- Instructions for Completing the Allegheny College Institutional Review Board (IRB) Proposal
- Guidelines-Allegheny College Institution Review Board (AC IRB)
- CITI training
- IRB proposal form
- IRB Amendment to Current Protocol
- IRB Incident Report form
- IRB Continuing Review form
The Institutional Review Board (IRB) ensures that research on human participants, by Allegheny College faculty, students, staff or administrators, or conducted at Allegheny College, complies with Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) requirements (specifically the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR), Title 45, Part 46). The IRB ensures that research is conducted in accordance with the principles outlined in the Belmont Report. Allegheny College is registered with the Office of Human Research Protection (OHRP), which is part of HHS.
Allegheny College has contracted with CITI ( Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative ) to provide online training that must be completed by the principal investigator (PI) and all research collaborators/assistants (including students) before submitting a research proposal. Approval to conduct research is based on the information and materials submitted with the application. A change in procedure, materials or information to an existing approved proposal requires new approval by the IRB.
Before any project can be approved, researchers involved in the design, data collection, and/or analysis must have current OHRP (Office of Human Research Protection) certification through CITI training. It is the responsibility of investigators to ensure that CITI certification is current.
2021-2022 IRB Committee Members
- Tamara Lakins, Co-Chair (2021-2022) (2)
- Allison Connell Pensky, Co-Chair (2021-2022)
- Matthew Bethurem (1)
- Shannan Mattiace
- Tonya Reed (Community Member)
Last updated 10/11/2021