Documents [Minutes maintained in Pre-Professional Studies Office]
The Health Professions Advisory Committee is comprised of four faculty members appointed by Faculty Council, and four students elected by their peers. The purpose of the Committee is to guide the Health Professions Advisor on academic and programmatic issues. Faculty members of the Committee interview Allegheny students during the spring semester prior to the students’ applications to professional school. Student members on the Committee serve as a liaison between their peers and the Health Professions Advisor. Many changes have been made over the years due to student suggestions and feedback. Student members also assist with Admissions functions, both at large scale programs and by meeting individually with prospective students.
- Brent Carswell, Mathematics, Fall 2019 Convener
- Oliver Bonham-Carter, Computer Science
- Teresa Herrera, Modern and Classical Languages
- Chris Lundberg, Mathematics and Biology
- Kirsten Peterson, Co-Chair, Director of Pre-professional Studies
- To be determined