By combining the work of student organizations, academic research, political action, and on-the- ground service, we can make lasting impact and permanently better how our community functions.
Allegheny and Meadville Relationship
* Help to recreate authentic and reciprocal relationships between the Meadville, Crawford County and Allegheny communities.
* Facilitate collaboration between different community agencies.
* Encourage students to get downtown and experience Meadville.
* Become an important resource for the community.
* Work with community partners to raise awareness on important issues facing the community.
* Work to de-bunk stereotypes between Allegheny students and citizens of Crawford County.
Conservation and Environmental Sustainability
* Be involved in environmental conservation efforts.
* Help raise awareness about environmental issues.
* Promote and implement more sustainable practices in all facets of everyday life.
* Look to identify root causes of environmental issues.
Health and Prevention
* Help raise awareness about health issues that impact our communities
* Look to provide services related to health and wellness to community members.
* Investigate root causes of health issues.
* Raise awareness about stereotypes attached to areas of preventative care
* Examine stigmas attached to mental health.
* Support homelessness prevention efforts.
* Bust stereotypes related to homelessness.
* Explore the root causes of homelessness.
* Be involved in service projects to address homelessness and homelessness prevention in the community.
Local Foods and Hunger
* Raise awareness of local foods and their importance.
* Support local food providers.
* Investigate issues of hunger in the community.
* Raise awareness around hunger in the community.
* Provide relief services for hunger.
* Look to address long-term causes of hunger.
Solidarity and Advocacy for Senior Citizens
* Challenge generational stereotypes.
* Build relationships between youth and senior citizens.
* Look to keep dignity and independence in the lives of seniors.
* Promote an active and engaged lifestyle for all ages.
* Investigate the health challenges unique to senior citizens.
* Expand access to youth programming.
* Provide skill-building programming for youth to help empower them for the future.
* Provide mentoring and guidance to youth.
* Look to improve future prospects for youth in all areas.
Women’s Issues and Empowerment
* Be an advocate for women’s interests in the community.
* Help raise awareness about women’s issues in the community
* Provide needed services and resources to women.
* Identify root causes to the challenges women experience.
* Look to bust gender-related stereotypes.