Welcome to the Gator Community of Scholars & Leaders!
Allegheny is a richly diverse community that values each individual and cares deeply about the success of its students. Our role in the Division of Student Affairs is to provide co-curricular opportunities to help you discover your voice and passion as a scholar and leader on our campus, in Meadville, nationally and/or globally. We challenge, support, and empower students to embrace unusual combinations of academic excellence, leadership and service as they engage with students, faculty and staff in and outside the classroom.
I am proud to serve as your Dean of Students and warmly welcome you to our community of scholars. We look forward to the intellectual and social contributions you will make to our community and beyond!
Kimberly M. Ferguson, PhD
Vice President of Student Life & Dean of Students
It is our mission to enhance the learning environment through the integration of curricular and co-curricular learning experiences that facilitates students’ general well-being and flourishing.
To create the best possible student experience that gives meaning to each individual student’s journey of learning, discovery, and engagement.
- Increase administrative efficiencies and streamline processes.
- Develop seamless orientation and welcome programs that support the student’s academic transition and integration into the Allegheny community.
- Foster a diverse and inclusive community.
- Develop partnerships that promote student engagement and success.
- Provide living and learning communities that actively engage and connect students and foster a sense of belonging.
- Develop programs and experiences that promote personal growth, wellness and life-long learning.
- Enhance leadership, service and community engagement opportunities.
- Increase opportunities for students to be citizens of a global society.
- Educate and provide an organizational foundation for student engagement in sustainability as a way of life.