Why Should You Get Involved?
- Connect your passions to concrete action.
- Get to know others who are passionate about the issues you care about.
- Experience opportunities in your issue area.
- Make a difference.
Connect with a Service Leader: Ask about our Civic Engagement Phonebook
Allegheny and Meadville Relationship
- Help to recreate authentic and reciprocal relationships between the Meadville, Crawford County and Allegheny communities.
- Facilitate collaboration between different community agencies.
- Encourage students to get downtown and experience Meadville.
- Become an important resource for the community.
- Work with community partners to raise awareness on important issues facing the community.
- Work to de-bunk stereotypes between Allegheny students and citizens of Crawford County.
Conservation and Environmental Sustainability
- Be involved in environmental conservation efforts.
- Help raise awareness about environmental issues.
- Promote and implement more sustainable practices in all facets of
- Look to identify root causes of environmental issues.
Health and Prevention
- Help raise awareness about health issues that impact our community.
- Look to provide services related to health and wellness to community members.
- Investigate root causes of health issues.
- Raise awareness about stereotypes attached to areas of preventative care
- Examine stigmas attached to mental health.
- Support homelessness prevention efforts.
- Bust stereotypes related to homelessness.
- Explore the root causes of homelessness.
- Be involved in service projects to address homelessness and homelessness prevention in the community.
Local Foods and Hunger
- Raise awareness of local foods and their importance.
- Support local food providers.
- Investigate issues of hunger in the community.
- Raise awareness around hunger in the community.
- Provide relief services for hunger.
- Look to address long-term causes of hunger.
Solidarity and Advocacy for Senior Citizens
- Challenge generational stereotypes.
- Build relationships between youth and senior citizens.
- Look to keep dignity and independence in the lives of seniors.
- Promote an active and engaged lifestyle for all ages.
- Investigate the health challenges unique to senior citizens.
- Expand access to youth programming.
- Provide skill-building programming for youth to help empower them for the future.
- Provide mentoring and guidance to youth.
- Look to improve future prospects for youth in all areas.
Women’s Issues and Empowerment
- Be an advocate for women’s interests in the community.
- Help raise awareness about women’s issues in the community
- Provide needed services and resources to women.
- Identify root causes to the challenges women experience.
- Look to bust gender-related stereotypes.