Call 911 then immediately call Public Safety at 814-332-3357 or Ext. 3357 when it is safe to do so. Unless in the Fight stage, take no action to intervene.
If you see or hear of an active shooter ON campus, remain calm and immediately Run, Hide, Fight:
Run, Hide, Fight:
Run if you can run; Hide if you can’t run; Fight if you can’t hide.
- Have an escape route and plan in mind.
- Run away from the violence.
- Leave your belongings behind.
- Hide in an area out of the active shooter’s view.
- Choose a room without windows or stay out of sight from room windows.
- Block entry to your hiding place and lock doors.
- Silence cell phones.
- As a last resort and only when your life is in imminent danger.
- Attempt to incapacitate the shooter.
- Act with physical aggression. Throw items at the shooter if possible and use whatever means available to protect yourself and others.