In the event of an explosion on campus, take the following action:
- Immediately take cover under tables, desks, or other objects that can give protection against falling glass or other debris.
- When the building evacuation alarm is sounded, walk quickly to the nearest marked exit and ask others to do the same.
- Call 911 then immediately call Public Safety at 814-332-3357 or Ext. 3357 as soon as it is safe to do so.
- Assist persons with disabilities in exiting the building.
- Once outside, move to a clear area at least 500 feet away from the affected building. Keep streets, fire lanes, hydrant areas, and walkways clear for emergency vehicles and crews. Know your area assembly points.
- If requested, assist emergency crews.
- Do not return to an evacuated building unless you are told to do so by a College official.
Note: After any evacuation, report to your designated area assembly point. Remain there until the Emergency Building Coordinator or other designated College representative takes an accurate headcount.