Skip to content
Hazardous Materials Spills – Exposure
- Know what hazardous materials are in your workplace or classroom and the dangers they present.
- Report all spills/exposures to Public Safety at 814-332-3357 or Ext. 3357.
- Give the following information:
- Location and type of spill
- Approximate amount of material involved
- Identifiable chemical reactions
- Who was in contact with the spilled substance
- Evacuate the area of the spill and close the doors to contain the spread until
trained responders can arrive.
- Contact Physical Plant at 814-332-5378 or 2860 to assist with ventilation systems. After hours, contact Public Safety at 814-332-3357 or Ext. 3357.
- Procedures for hazardous materials incidents include shutting down HVAC systems and closing doors and windows.
- Compile a list of those who might have been contaminated by the spill.
- Flush with water for 15 minutes any body part contacted with the hazardous materials.