This Emergency Guide was designed to give members of our Allegheny College community a quick reference on how to respond in case of an emergency situation on or near the campus. Emergencies, disasters, injuries and crimes can occur without warning at any time. Being prepared to handle unexpected emergencies is an individual as well as an organizational responsibility. We all play a critical role in keeping students, faculty and staff safe on campus.
You can do your part and contribute to campus safety. Here’s how:
What You Can Do To Prepare
- Read this guide thoroughly now, before an emergency might occur; become acquainted with its contents.
- If you see something, say something. Report suspicious persons or activities.
- Familiarize yourself with all evacuation routes in your building, as well as the designated meeting areas for your building in the event of an evacuation.
- Program emergency numbers into your cell phone. Campus Safety and Security can be reached at 814-332-3357 from any off campus phone or cell phone or Ext. 3357 from any on campus phone line. Dialing 911 will connect you with Emergency Response for Meadville and surrounding areas.
- Schedule crime prevention and other safety courses with Safety and Security.
Allegheny College uses ALERTAllegheny (e2campus) to provide emergency notification to the college community via e-mail, cell phone, text, web, social media, and campus sirens.
Allegheny.edu e-mail addresses have been added to the ALERTAllegheny (e2campus) system and are routinely updated from the College’s administrative system.
In an emergency, ALERTAllegheny (e2campus) is Allegheny College’s primary method of communication. Please go to https://www.e2campus.net/my/ allegheny/ to register your cell phone and e-mail address.
If you have any questions concerning a unique situation not covered in this guide, need additional emergency information, or would like to schedule a training course, please contact Allegheny College Safety and Security at 814-332-3357.