In the event of a utility failure on campus, take the following action:
- In the event of a major utility failure occurring during regular working hours (8 a.m. through 3:30 p.m., Monday through Friday), immediately notify Physical Plant at 814-332-5378.
- If there is potential danger to building occupants, or if the utility failure occurs after hours or on weekends or holidays, notify Public Safety at 814-332-3357 or Ext. 3357.
- If a hazard exists, activate the building alarm and report the emergency by phone to Public Safety at 814-332-3357 or Ext. 3357.
- When an alarm sounds continuously, evacuate the building.
- In the event of an evacuation, assist persons with disabilities in exiting the building.
- Do not use elevators in case of power loss.
- Once outside, move to a clear area at least 500 feet away from the affected building(s). Keep the streets, fire lanes, hydrants, and walkways clear for emergency vehicles and crews.
- If requested, assist the emergency crews.
- Do not return to an evacuated building unless you are told to do so by a College official.