A minor in Latin requires a total of 20 semester hours. Students read widely in Roman literature in the original Latin, with more extensive specialized study of a few particular texts. Students who begin Latin at Allegheny take LATIN 110, LATIN 120, LATIN 215, and LATIN 315 twice. Students with high school experience should take the placement test and may start at the intermediate or advanced level, in which case they repeat LATIN 315 as many times as needed.
Contact Modern and Classical Languages
News & Updates
- Culture 2 Culture: Be a mentor & guide to an International Student!
- Join the Chinese New Year Celebration on Friday!
- Study the ecology of the Azores this summer – led by Dr. Erik Zettler ’82
- Share your Language Story! “Lead With Languages” Advocacy Month
- ALLEX Foundation offering Intensive Chinese & Japanese this summer at Washington U. in St. Louis