Selected Faculty Publications/Achievements
- “How Water Meets a Hydrophobic Surface,” published in Physical Review Letters.
- “Stellar Collisions and Ultracompact X-Ray Binary Formation,” published in The Astrophysical Journal.
- “Low Temperature Pressure Broadening of OCS by He,” published in The Journal of Chemical Physics.
- “Photo-induced reorientation of nematic liquid crystals doped with azo-dye: A dynamic and steady-state study of reorientation and loss of liquid crystal order,” published in Physical Review E.
- Fulbright Scholar
- Collaborative work with a number of research institutions, such as Argonne National Laboratory, Carnegie Mellon University, Naval Research Laboratory, and Columbia Radiation Laboratory.
- Recipient of $125,000 National Science Foundation Young Investigator grant—one of just 200 selected from a nationwide pool of 1,600 and one of just five from a liberal arts college.
- Department faculty members are currently the recipients of research grants from organizations such as the National Science Foundation, Research Corporation, and the Petroleum Research Fund.