How can I manage all the things in my life?
- Don’t let others make decisions for you — be proactive.
- Make sure your goals are realistic.
- Don’t do busy work in order to “feel” productive.
- Use your planner or calendar to note the times of the semester when assignments, papers, or tests are due and plan other activities lightly during those times.
Make yourself a non-procrastination plan:
- Make a schedule with specific times for completing tasks.
- Reevaluate your priorities — if school isn’t your first priority, don’t expect to get top grades.
- Mix things that you like to do and things you don’t particularly enjoy. Alternating between them helps keep you motivated and working hard.
- Don’t spread yourself too thin — make sure important projects receive the attention they need.
- Reward yourself! When you complete a task, allow yourself a snack, short break, etc.
But how can I avoid procrastination?
- Set goals carefully and then post them somewhere to remind you constantly — mirror, door, notebook, etc.
- Make sure your environment isn’t distracting. Your bed is for sleeping, not homework. TV and video games are not helping you solve math problems.
- Try a quiet place on campus like the Pelletier Library, etc., etc.
Time Management Tools
Semester Workload Tracker – Fall 2022
Time Budget Sheet
Involvement Record and Planning Sheet
4 Year plan Google Sheet (follow the link and make a copy for your fillable google sheet)
4 Year Plan for those Matriculating in 2016 and After PDF