Submission Deadlines for 2022-2023 Academic Year
May 3, 2023
Loaded into DSpace:
May 10, 2023
Note: The preferred format for DSpace is PDF. Please convert your finished product before submitting.
Follow these instructions
- Review the online permission form or print a paper permission form. Speak with your advisor about which permissions are right for you before submitting your permission form.
- If you submit an online form, your professor will email you with feedback or suggestions before approving your permission form. If you submit a paper form, return the form to email@example.com or send it by mail to Pelletier Library.
- Submit a PDF copy of your senior project to the Institutional Repository (DSpace). See the instructions for more information.
Some departments require students submit their Senior Projects to DSpace before receiving a diploma. If not required to submit for graduation, submission is strictly voluntary. Follow departmental guidelines.
Carefully read the information below before completing the permission form for your senior project. If you have questions about the intended use of your project, please consult your senior project director before signing.
As a condition of the degree award, the College has the royalty-free right to retain, use and distribute a limited number of copies of your senior project. In accordance with this policy the College has the right to electronically archive, convert, or copy your senior project to ensure its future preservation and accessibility. The College also has the right, at the discretion of the faculty, to make the project available to current faculty, students and appropriate staff. You retain the right to determine whether the project may be made available outside Allegheny.
To the extent this Project is an educational record as defined in the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) (20 USC 1232g), you may request that the College not post your project in the online archive.
Who May View Your Senior Project
The College will make the senior project available to its current faculty, current students and appropriate staff.
Your permission is needed to make the work available on the internet, should the College wish to do so in the future. You may grant or revoke this permission at any time by communicating with the Library.
Final determination of which projects will be widely available shall be made by the College, but in no case will we distribute the project beyond what you have agreed to.
Reasons You May Wish to Restrict Distribution of Your Project
Please consult your faculty advisor if any of these are likely to apply:
- If there are co-authors whose permission has not been obtained.
- If the work of College faculty is disclosed and their written consent to distribute has not been obtained.
- If you plan to publish the project in a journal at a later date and that journal’s policy does not allow for internet posting of pre-prints.
- If personal information or images, or politically sensitive information is included.
If the project is entirely your work, you own the copyright for the project. You are free to publish the work elsewhere in its present or future versions.
In some cases, additional permissions are needed for wider distribution; please inform us if this is the case. Additional copyright permissions may be necessary if:
- The project is the result of research done with faculty or other students
- The project contains third party copyrighted materials such as images, music, scripts, etc. that were created by others, or performances are part of the work, and written permission for their redistribution has not been obtained
For possible wider distribution in the future, the College will need to know if the project uses actors or models in plays, videos, and photographs.
Any trademarks used in your work must be clearly marked as such.
Integrity of the Work
While every effort will be taken to preserve the integrity of the work, Allegheny College shall incur no liability, either expressed or implicit, for the work or for loss of or damage to the work or associated data.