We are excited to welcome you into the Allegheny community. Transfer students are an important part of Allegheny college, and we endeavor to provide you with robust support and guidance as you transition into your new life as a Gator. Please see below for key dates and a checklist of items to help you prioritize as you prepare for the semester.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call us at (814) 332-2898.
- Residential transfer students will move into their residence hall on the morning of Monday, January 15th, 2024
- Transfer student orientation will begin at 1pm on Monday, January 15th, 2024
Transfer Student Checklist
- Complete your FAFSA; Free Application for Federal Student Aid (003230), if you haven’t already.
- Request that your official college transcript be sent to the Allegheny Registrar via email at email@example.com.
- Schedule an appointment with Amy Stearns, Second-Year Class Dean and Director of Transfer Student Advising, to discuss your course registration plan
- Submit the spring semester Housing Preferences & Agreement Form.
- Complete the following in Allegheny Self-Service: Meal Plan Selection (Example Screenshots) & Your Health Insurance Agreement and Insurance Card Upload (Example Screenshots).
- Submit your immunization records via your Admissions Student Portal (TDAP and booster within 10 years, Polio, MMR, Hep B and Meningitis; COVID vaccine and booster recommended but not required).
- Complete your FERPA release form.
- Upload your student ID photo.
- Complete your “Get Inclusive” modules (you will receive an email with this module and information).
- Sign up for Alert Allegheny: Emergency Alert System.
- Make sure you have a laptop and other resources to have a successful first semester!
- Order your textbooks (if your classes require them).
- Arrange any necessary accommodations with Student Accessibility and Support Services if needed.
- Complete your vehicle registration request via Allegheny Self-Service (if you plan to have a car on campus – Example Screenshots).
- Physical for athletes if applicable (ask your coach).
- Take the Math Assessment if you are planning to take a Math course at Allegheny
- Take your Language Placement Exam (if you plan to take a language in which you have previous study or experience).