Ian Binnington, B.A., Lancaster University; M.A., University of Cincinnati; Ph. D., University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. Nineteenth Century America; American South; Civil War and Reconstruction; Nationalism. Serving as College Registrar and Dean of Curriculum since 2016.
Jessica L. Harris, B.A., M.A., Ph. D., University of California, Los Angeles. 20th Century U.S. and the World; Race; Gender; African-American History; Cultural History; Black Europe; Modern Italy; Consumerism.
Elisabeth Kalé Haywood, B.A., University of Chicago; M.A., Ph. D., Stanford University. Latin American History; Colonial Mexico; Ecclesiastical History; Sixteenth-Century Conquests; Nineteenth and Twentieth Century Dictatorships.
Judson Herrman (Department Chair), B.A., University of Michigan; Ph. D., Harvard University. Greek and Roman History and Literature.
Angela Keysor, B.A., The Ohio State University; J.D. The University of Cincinnati; M.A., Ph. D., University of Iowa. Colonial and Revolutionary America; Women’s History; Medical History; Legal History.
Brian JK Miller, B.A., John Carroll University; M.A., Georgia State University; Ph. D., University of Iowa. Modern Turkey; Modern Germany; Middle East and North African Studies; Migration & Diaspora Studies; Transnational & Globalization Studies.
Kenneth Pinnow, B.A., Duke University; Ph. D., Columbia University. Modern European History; Eastern Europe and Russian History; Medical History.
Alyssa Ribeiro, B.S., Georgia Institute of Technology; M.A., Ph. D., University of Pittsburgh. Twentieth Century America; Civil Rights and Social Movements; Urban History; Race, Ethnicity, and Gender; Environmental History
Guo Wu, B.A., Beijing Language and Culture University; M.A., Georgia State University; Ph. D., State University of New York at Albany. Imperial and Modern China, Intellectual History, the Chinese Communist Movement, Women’s History, Military History.
Lori Riggle – Building Coordinator
Location: Arter Hall, Room 103
Office Hours: M-F 8:00-5:00 PM
Selected Faculty Publications/Achievements
- Kenneth Pinnow, Lost to the Collective: Suicide and the Promise of Soviet Socialism, 1921-1929, Cornell University Press, 2010.
- Judson Herrman, Hyperides: Funeral Oration, Oxford University Press, 2009.
- Ian Binnington, “Standing Upon a Volcano: Cincinnati’s Newspapers Debate Emancipation, 1860-1862,” American Nineteenth Century History (June 2009).
- Barry Shapiro, Traumatic Politics: The Deputies and the King in the Early French Revolution, Penn State University Press, 2009.
- Guo Wu, “The ‘Zhanguoce’ School’s Effort of Wartime Cultural Reconstruction, 1940-42,” Journal of Modern Chinese History (Spring 2009).
- Paula Treckel, “‘The Empire of My Heart’: The Marriage of William Byrd II and Lucy Parke Byrd,” The Virginia Magazine of History and Biography (April 1997).
- Paula Treckel, “To Comfort the Heart”: Women in Seventeenth-Century America, Twayne Publishers, 1996.
- Barry Shapiro, Revolutionary Justice in Paris 1789-1790, Cambridge University Press, 1993.
- Stephen Lyons, “The Resignation of William Rugg: A Reconsideration,” Catholic Historical Review (January 1987).