Ian Binnington, B.A., Lancaster University; M.A., University of Cincinnati; Ph. D., University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. Nineteenth Century America; American South; Civil War and Reconstruction; Nationalism. Serving as College Registrar and Dean of Curriculum since 2016.
Jessica L. Harris, B.A., M.A., Ph. D., University of California, Los Angeles. 20th Century U.S. and the World; Race; Gender; African-American History; Cultural History; Black Europe; Modern Italy; Consumerism.
Elisabeth Kalé Haywood, B.A., University of Chicago; M.A., Ph. D., Stanford University. Latin American History; Colonial Mexico; Ecclesiastical History; Sixteenth-Century Conquests; Nineteenth and Twentieth Century Dictatorships.
Judson Herrman (Department Chair), B.A., University of Michigan; Ph. D., Harvard University. Greek and Roman History and Literature.
Angela Keysor, B.A., The Ohio State University; J.D. The University of Cincinnati; M.A., Ph. D., University of Iowa. Colonial and Revolutionary America; Women’s History; Medical History; Legal History.
Brian JK Miller, B.A., John Carroll University; M.A., Georgia State University; Ph. D., University of Iowa. Modern Turkey; Modern Germany; Middle East and North African Studies; Migration & Diaspora Studies; Transnational & Globalization Studies.
Kenneth Pinnow, B.A., Duke University; Ph. D., Columbia University. Modern European History; Eastern Europe and Russian History; Medical History.
Alyssa Ribeiro, B.S., Georgia Institute of Technology; M.A., Ph. D., University of Pittsburgh. Twentieth Century America; Civil Rights and Social Movements; Urban History; Race, Ethnicity, and Gender; Environmental History
Guo Wu, B.A., Beijing Language and Culture University; M.A., Georgia State University; Ph. D., State University of New York at Albany. Imperial and Modern China, Intellectual History, the Chinese Communist Movement, Women’s History, Military History.
Lori Riggle – Building Coordinator
Location: Arter Hall, Room 103
Office Hours: M-F 8:00-5:00 PM
Selected Faculty Publications/Achievements
- Ian Binnington, “Teaching with Reacting to the Past — Bringing Role-Immersion Play into the College Classroom,” Journal of the Gilded Age and Progressive Era (2015).
- Ian Binnington, Confederate Visions: Nationalism, Symbolism, and the Imagined South in the Civil War, University of Virginia Press (2013).
- Jessica L. Harris, “‘In America è vietato essere brutte’: Advertising American Beauty in the Italian Women’s Magazine Annabella, 1945–1965,” Modern Italy (2017).
- Jessica L. Harris, “Noi Donne and Famiglia Cristiana: Communists, Catholics, and American Female Culture in Cold War Italy,” Modern Italy (2017).
- Judson Herrman, Demosthenes: Selected Political Speeches, Cambridge University Press (2019).
- Judson Herrman, Hyperides: Funeral Oration, Oxford University Press (2009).
- Angela Keysor, Bright Institute Fellow, Knox College (2018–2020).
- Brian JK Miller, review of S. Ihrig, Atatürk in the Nazi Imagination, Journal of the Ottoman and Turkish Studies Association (2016).
- Kenneth Pinnow, “From All Sides: Interdisciplinary Knowledge, Scientific Collaboration, and the Soviet Criminological Laboratories of the 1920s,” Slavic Review (2017).
- Kenneth Pinnow, Lost to the Collective: Suicide and the Promise of Soviet Socialism, 1921–1929, Cornell University Press (2010).
- Alyssa Ribeiro, “‘Asking Them and Protesting’: Black and Puerto Rican Civic Leadership in Philadelphia Neighborhoods, 1960s–1970s,” Pennsylvania History (2019).
- Alyssa Ribeiro, “‘We Want Both’: Pressuring Philadelphia Unions for Inclusion and Equity during the Long 1970s,” Labor History (2019).
- Guo Wu, Narrating Southern Chinese Minority Nationalities: Politics, Disciplines, and Public History, Palgrave Macmillan (2019).
- Guo Wu, Zheng Guanying, Merchant Reformer of Late Qing China and His Influence on Economics, Politics, and Society, Cambria Press (2010).