Ian Binnington, B.A., Lancaster University; M.A., University of Cincinnati; Ph. D., University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. Nineteenth Century America; American South; Civil War and Reconstruction; Nationalism.
Elisabeth Kalé Haywood, B.A., University of Chicago; M.A., Ph. D., Stanford University. Latin American History; Colonial Mexico; Ecclesiastical History; Sixteenth-Century Conquests; Nineteenth and Twentieth Century Dictatorships.
Judson Herrman (Department Chair), B.A., University of Michigan; Ph. D., Harvard University. Greek and Roman History and Literature.
Patrick Jackson, B.A., University of Kentucky, M.A. and Ph. D., Vanderbilt. American Intellectual and Cultural History from the Gilded Age through the Great Depression; the Intersection of Religion, Class, and Politics; Modernism.
Angela Keysor, B.A., The Ohio State University; J.D. The University of Cincinnati; M.A., University of Iowa; Ph. D., University of Iowa. Colonial and Revolutionary America; Women’s History; Medical History; Legal History.
Brian JK Miller, B.A., John Carroll University; M.A., Georgia State University; Ph. D., University of Iowa. Modern Turkey; Modern Germany; Middle East and North African Studies; Migration & Diaspora Studies; Transnational & Globalization Studies.
Kenneth Pinnow, B.A., Duke University; Ph. D., Columbia University. Modern European History; Eastern Europe and Russian History; Medical History.
Alyssa Ribeiro, B.S., Georgia Institute of Technology; M.A., University of Pittsburgh; Ph. D., University of Pittsburgh. Twentieth Century America; Civil Rights and Social Movements; Urban History; Race, Ethnicity, and Gender; Environmental History
Guo Wu, B.A., Beijing Language and Culture University; M.A., Georgia State University; Ph. D., State University of New York at Albany. Imperial and Modern China, Intellectual History, the Chinese Communist Movement, Women’s History, Military History.
Lori Riggle – Building Coordinator
Location: Arter Hall, Room 103
Office Hours: M-F 8:00-5:00 PM
Selected Faculty Publications/Achievements
- Kenneth Pinnow, Lost to the Collective: Suicide and the Promise of Soviet Socialism, 1921-1929, Cornell University Press, 2010.
- Judson Herrman, Hyperides: Funeral Oration, Oxford University Press, 2009.
- Ian Binnington, “Standing Upon a Volcano: Cincinnati’s Newspapers Debate Emancipation, 1860-1862,” American Nineteenth Century History (June 2009).
- Barry Shapiro, Traumatic Politics: The Deputies and the King in the Early French Revolution, Penn State University Press, 2009.
- Guo Wu, “The ‘Zhanguoce’ School’s Effort of Wartime Cultural Reconstruction, 1940-42,” Journal of Modern Chinese History (Spring 2009).
- Paula Treckel, “‘The Empire of My Heart’: The Marriage of William Byrd II and Lucy Parke Byrd,” The Virginia Magazine of History and Biography (April 1997).
- Paula Treckel, “To Comfort the Heart”: Women in Seventeenth-Century America, Twayne Publishers, 1996.
- Barry Shapiro, Revolutionary Justice in Paris 1789-1790, Cambridge University Press, 1993.
- Stephen Lyons, “The Resignation of William Rugg: A Reconsideration,” Catholic Historical Review (January 1987).