Ex Dono Collection
Collection of books given to Allegheny between 1820 and 1825.
Ida M. Tarbell, Class of 1880, gave to Allegheny her collection of Lincoln books, photographs, and research materials. The research materials are digitized and easily accessible from Allegheny College’s institutional repository.
Charles Carroll Albertson Collection
Illuminated manuscripts consisting of several Book of Hours from the 15th and 16 century, a 15th century Psalterium, letters of famous people, various bibles and literary works.
The Thoburn Family Papers
Diaries of Bishop James Mills Thoburn from his journey and time in India, letters and photographs.
Civil War Collections
- Letters of Willard A. Cutter, a private in the 150th Pennsylvania Regiment, Company K, also known as Lincoln’s Guard, 1862-1865
- Letters of Stephen R. Clark, Ohio Cavalry, 1862-1864
- Letters of Levi Bird Duff, 105th Pennsylvania Volunteers
- William Reynolds, The Atlantic & Great Western Railroad
- Huidekoper family
- Samuel Pettiman Bates and Alfred Bates (letters and manuscripts)
- Gideon Sunback and Talon Zipper Inc.
- Chautauqua Redpath papers (John Ritchie Schultz, President Allegheny College)