A recent Tech Tip Tuesday post detailed how to clear your browsing history in the popular Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox browsers. Today’s tip will demonstrate how to do so in Safari and Microsoft Edge. Deleting your browsing history, or clearing your cache, is often a great first troubleshooting step to take when a website doesn’t load correctly on your computer – whether the site is slow to load, returns an error message, or becomes unresponsive.
Clear your history in Safari (on Mac):
- In the Safari app, choose History > Clear History, then click the pop-up menu.
- Select how much history you want cleared.
Clear your history in Microsoft Edge:
- In the Edge application, Select Settings > Privacy and security.
- Under Clear browsing data, select Choose what to clear.
- Choose a time range from the Time range drop-down menu.
- Choose the types of data you want to clear. For example, you may want to remove browsing history and cookies but keep passwords and form fill data.
- Select Clear now.