Skip to content
Printing From Your Windows Computer
- Click here to download the Public Printers installer for Windows. Note: If you have a previous version of Public Printers installed, you must first uninstall it before proceeding.
- When you launch PublicPrinters.exe you will first be greeted by this introduction screen. Click ‘Next’ to proceed.
- On the next screen, click ‘Install’ to begin the installation process.
- The installer will then proceed to extract the installation files and install the printer queue and PaperCut Client.
- Click ‘Finish’ to exit the install process.
- When the PaperCut Client is run for the first time, it will prompt you to login. Enter your credentials and click ‘OK’.
- The PaperCut Client is configured to automatically start when your computer boots. You will see its icon in the system tray next to the clock.
- Opening the PaperCut Client will display your current Print Point allocation and will allow personal computers to connect to the Allegheny Public Printers.
- When you print a document, you will see that a printer called Public Printers has been installed. Select this printer to send your document to the Public Printers queue.
- When your print job is submitted to the Public Printers queue, the PaperCut Client will pop up and request your login credentials. Enter your username and password then click ‘OK’ to send the document to the print queue.
- When the PaperCut Client has successfully authenticated and your print job has been sent, you will see a message stating that your document has been held in a queue. If you do not see this message, your print job has not been sent to the print server. Additionally, you can login at print.allegheny.edu and click on “Jobs Pending Release” on the right side of the page. If your print job appears in the list, then it is being held on the server waiting for you to release it to a public printer.
- You can now go to one of the Public Printers and swipe your ID card to log in. From there you can choose print jobs to release to that printer to begin printing. Print jobs will only be held in the queue for 24 hours before being automatically deleted.