WarningIt is inappropriate to use Interlibrary Loan to request textbooks or required reading for courses.
Contact Interlibrary Loan
Office: Pelletier Library Main Floor
Mail: Allegheny College
520 North Main Street
Meadville PA 16335
General Policies & Procedures
- Items should not be requested if they are available at Allegheny.
- Interlibrary Loan (ILL) materials cannot be renewed.
- EZBorrow loans last 12 weeks. ILLiad loan periods are set by the lending library and can range from two weeks to an entire semester.
- ILL services are available to currently enrolled students and employees of Allegheny College.
- There is no charge for ILL services. However, overdue fines accrue at $1.00 per day.
- Due dates are strictly enforced. Repeated failure to return ILL materials on time may result in limitations to a patron’s ILL privileges.
- Students may be asked to consult a Research Librarian for help if they are placing requests for materials not usually useful in college work.
- Patrons should supply the most complete citation information possible when submitting ILL requests. Unusable citations will be returned to the requester. Consult with the Research Librarians for help with citations.
- Materials borrowed through ILL are subject to any policies or restrictions set by the lending library.
- Materials (particularly journal articles) obtained through ILL are subject to copyright restrictions on their use. Copyright compliance in the use of materials is the responsibility of the person who borrows the material.
- Requests are filled as quickly as possible. Delays may occur due to limited availability or mail delays.
- Not all requests can be filled. If material is not obtainable, we will alert the requester as quickly as possible.
- Requesting textbooks or required reading for a class violates college policy and is an honor code violation.