The Google Drive desktop app is shutting down on May 12th. If you are still using Google Drive, you need to switch to Drive File Stream to keep your files backed up and secure. File Stream is an easy way to move and organize your data, and much easier to use than the Google Drive sync app.
With File Stream you can:
- View and organize files in your computer’s native file system, such as Explorer in Windows or Finder in Mac OS X.
- Open files in their native applications installed on your computer.
- Mark specific files or folders for offline use so that they are accessible when you know you will be without internet access.
- See all of your files in Google Drive without using storage space on your computer.
- You can stop using MS Office and begin using Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides.
Is this important to you? Yes. Keeping your data secure and backed up is your responsibility–ITS will no longer transfer or restore data during computer upgrades, repairs, or replacements. For more information see the File Stream tutorial or contact the InfoDesk.