Screenshots can be a very useful way to store and share what is on your computer’s screen. Here are a few different ways to take screenshots in Windows.
Take a Screenshot of the entire screen:
- Press the Print Screen button on your keyboard. The screenshot is then stored in the clipboard, and you can paste the screenshot into another application.
Take a screenshot without additional applications:
- Press the Print Screen key + Windows key. Your screenshot is now saved in a folder named Screenshots, inside of your Pictures folder.
Take a Screenshot of a specific part of the screen:
- In the search bar next to the Start menu, type snipping tool, and select “Snipping Tool” from the search results.
- Click “New”
- Click and drag the cursor to select the area of the screen you would like to use, and release the cursor after you’ve selected the area you wish to capture.
- The screenshot is now open in the Snipping Tool. (Don’t forget to save it!)