While out of the office for any extended period of time, you may wish to change the greeting that callers will hear before leaving a voicemail. Employees can change their greetings in the campus phone system whether on or off campus.
- From off campus: Dial your extension’s full number (e.g., 814-332-xxxx, where xxxx is your 4-digit extension)
From on campus: Press the voicemail button on your desk phone.
- Press the pound key (#) when the recording starts.
- Enter your 4-digit extension.
- Press the star (*) when the next recording starts.
- Enter your voicemail passcode (PIN). If you aren’t sure what your PIN is, please contact the InfoDesk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Press 8 for user options.
- Press 4 to change your greeting.
- Press 7 to record a new greeting.
- Record the greeting, then press the pound key (#).
- Press 7 to listen to the new greeting.
- Press 3 to discard and try again, or 9 to save the new greeting.