Long Term Parking
The Public Safety Department should be notified of any need for long term parking so the requester can be directed to the proper location to leave their vehicle.
Miscellaneous Traffic And Parking Regulations
- All motor vehicles parked on Allegheny College property must be registered with the Public Safety Department in Murray Hall. Visitors are issued a temporary pass at Public Safety for their time on campus. The person registering the vehicle is responsible for all violations and fines associated with that vehicle.
- If for any reason a non-registered vehicle must be on campus due to an emergency, the employee or student must notify the Public Safety Department so that a temporary permit can be issued. If a registered vehicle becomes disabled on campus, Public Safety must be notified at once to prevent towing or booting.
- The parking sticker is to be placed outside of the rear window in the extreme lower left-hand corner. For canvas-topped vehicle the parking sticker will be affixed to the left side of the rear bumper.
- Parking is permitted only in assigned lots and is forbidden on roadways, in handicap, or visitor zones (other than by properly placarded vehicles for physically disabled persons and visitors), blocking driveways or exits, on sidewalks, on grass, or in posted “No Parking” zones.
- Vehicles may be towed at the owner’s expense any time the vehicle becomes a hazard or interferes with traffic or college business, such as for garbage removal, deliveries, etc.
- A wheel immobilization “boot” can and will be used to enforce the collection of fines from repeated offenders, or to identify an unregistered vehicle. An additional fine will be assessed for removal of the boot.
- The amount of fines is listed on the tickets. All fines are applied to the student account and can be paid in Financial Services at Bentley Hall. Grades and Transcripts may be held until all fines are paid.
- Allegheny College assumes no responsibility or liability for loss or damage to any motor vehicle parked on Allegheny College property.
- One parking sticker will be issued for each registered vehicle. Students are limited to registering one vehicle only. However, students will be permitted to change vehicles during the school year but only one registered vehicle will be allowed on Allegheny College property.
- Allegheny College is a pedestrian campus, and all classrooms are located within a few minutes walk from the residence halls and parking areas.
- If students change their residence status they must contact Public Safety to obtain a new parking sticker. Only a valid colored sticker can be displayed for the current school year.
Parking signs have been kept to a minimum to preserve the beauty of the campus. It is the responsibility of each student, faculty, and staff member of Allegheny College who desires to park on campus to obtain a copy of these regulations and the campus-parking map. The map designates where faculty, staff, and students, and visitors may park, and it will be each person’s responsibility to be familiar with the map and the locations on campus where parking is permitted.
NOTE: THE PUBLIC SAFETY DEPARTMENT PERSONNEL STRICTLY ENFORCE ALL CAMPUS TRAFFIC AND PARKING REGULATIONS.
ALL QUESTIONS AND/OR COMMENTS REGARDING THESE TRAFFIC AND PARKING REGULATIONS SHOULD BE REFERRED TO:
Office of Public Safety