When you’re planning to be out of office, you can set an automatic vacation reply in Gmail. Here’s how:
- On your computer, open Gmail.
- In the top right, click Settings See all settings.
- Scroll down to the “Vacation responder” section.
- Select Vacation responder on.
- Fill in the date range, subject, and message.
- Under your message, check the box if you only want your contacts to see your vacation reply.
- At the bottom of the page, click Save Changes.
Note: If you have a Gmail signature, it will be shown at the bottom of your vacation response.
On a related note, LITS also offers tips for managing phones during vacations and furloughs.