What is a NaviGator Success Coach?
The NaviGator Success Coach Program is open to all students, specifically those who need extra support academically during the transition from high school to college. First-year students who participate in the program will either meet weekly for one-on-one coaching sessions with their assigned Success Coach or join an accountability group hosted by a NaviGator. The NaviGators will provide their students with skills and strategies to become self-regulated learners.
NaviGators will help new students:
- Understand and use effective learning strategies to be self-regulated learners.
- Identify and overcome obstacles that may be impeding academic success.
- Focus on individual goals and identify steps to reaching those goals.
- Develop strong time-management and organization.
- Motivate to take ownership of their own academic success.
- Refer to services on campus such as academic advising, personal or career counseling, tutoring, involvement or other services.
If you have questions about any of the aspects of the NaviGator program or the application process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or stop by the Center for Student Success, located on the main floor of the Library.