Islamic Awareness Society (IAS)
The Islamic Awareness Society (IAS) provides a place for Muslim students and those interested in Islam to gather for fellowship and to further knowledge and understanding of Islam. The organization holds the following goals:
- Promote awareness of the Islamic religion, as well as cultural traditions and practices.
- Encourage diversity and religious tolerance among the student body.
- Support those who wish to practice their faith.
- Promote a hospitable relationship between Muslim and non-Muslim members of the Allegheny Community.
- Strengthen the faith and unity of Muslim and non-Muslim students.
Muslim Life on Campus
- Prayer space is designated in our Prayer and Meditation Retreat
- Halal meals can be arranged on an individual basis.
- There is a small mosque in Erie (45 minutes away) and Islamic Centers in Pittsburgh and Cleveland (within 2 hours). Periodically, the college arranges field trips to these mosques or hosts visits from imams.
- To make arrangements or for additional information, students should contact Office of Spiritual and Religious Life at 814-332-2800 or email@example.com.