Best Practices: Adopting Safer Habits
Colleague and Informer
- Google Drive – Files stored there (uploaded or created with Google Docs) are automatically backed up by Google.
- Drive File Stream – Software that grants access to Google Drive content directly from within your operating system’s File Browser (Windows Explorer or Mac Finder).
G Suite at Allegheny
- Apps Status Dashboard
- Check Google Drive Storage Used
- Google Apps Learning Center
- Stay Informed About Google Apps Updates
Printing and Posters
- Printing On Campus
- Print to Public Printers using PaperCut Client
- Print a Poster at the Print Shop
Protecting Computer, Identity, and Data
Software & Services
- Amazon AWS Educate: Allegheny College is an institutional member of AWS Educate, a program that provides credits to Allegheny College students and faculty for use on Amazon Web Services (AWS), Amazon’s cloud services platform.
- ChemOffice: Students and faculty are entitled to a free download of this software.
- JMP Statistical software is available for student and faculty personal use. Download and installation instructions can be found here.
- Kaleidagraph:Students currently enrolled in a class using Kaleidagraph are eligible to obtain a free copy of Kaleidagraph for their personal computer. It must be removed at the completion of the course.
- LaTeX for your personal computer
- Mnova: Download on the Mnova for Mac or Windows. Once downloaded you will need to activate with the campus license keys available for download when on campus.
- Obtain Software for Personal Computer
Telephones and Voicemail
- Desktop Phone Users
- Mobile Phone Users
Web Help Desk
- Logging on and Submitting Problem Tickets