About The Event
In honor of Allegheny’s 200th anniversary, during the week of our Founder’s Day celebration, Allegheny will announce a one-day giving challenge called Gator Give Day on April 23, to all alumni, parents of current and past students, and friends of the College.
On this day, $30,000 to meet the greatest needs of the College will be offered by donors as a challenge to our Allegheny community. To meet the challenge, 200 gifts of any size must be made to the College on that day.
If this initial participation goal is met, more donors are waiting in the wings to ‘up the ante’ and encourage our community to participate and collectively make a life-changing difference for Allegheny students.
If we are successful in this effort, we have the opportunity to make a monumental impact for Allegheny with,
- Over $400,000 in potential matching gifts
- And the chance to substantially increase alumni participation and positively affect Allegheny’s national reputation.
We know, from the experience of our peer institutions, that one-day challenges can be extremely effective. It is our hope to make this a day for the Allegheny history books, with the largest outpouring of support ever for the College in one day.
Ambassador Expectations / Ideas
- Make a gift – the earlier in the day, the better! (to build momentum)
- Spread the word that Gator Give Day is happening.
- Encourage your followers to participate.
- Emphasize that participation is the goal (vs. dollar amount).
Ideas for Posts
- Share that you participated.
- Share why supporting Allegheny is important to you.
- Share how donor support impacted your studies.
- Challenge your followers (“I want five gifts in the next five minutes… Go!”).
- Push your followers to the website to view the current donation totals.
- Push your followers to the website to view the tagboard of social media posts.
Official Terms / Text
Suitable for copying and pasting.
- Website URL: allegheny.edu/gatorgiveday
- Official Hashtag: #GatorGiveDay
- Event Date: April 23, 2015