We welcome students to discover (or, perhaps, rediscover) Allegheny after beginning their undergraduate education elsewhere.
The Allegheny admissions staff is pleased to offer a limited number of spots to transfer students for both fall and spring semesters, understanding that a student may not have found an ideal fit at his/her current school. If you’d like additional guidance throughout your application process, feel free to contact Katie Jordan, Transfer Coordinator and Assistant Director of Admissions.
If you previously submitted an application to Allegheny College, please contact the Transfer Coordinator to reactivate that application. You will not need to complete an entirely new application.
Transfer Courses and Requirements
- A minimum of a 2.0 GPA is required; a 2.5+ is preferred. If applicable, a GPA as computed by a two-year college, with or without an associate degree, will be accepted.
- The maximum number of credits accepted in transfer is 64.
- Only credits with a grade of C or better are transferable in acceptable courses.
- The Registrar’s Office evaluates all credits for transfer after the student has been accepted to Allegheny; transcripts can be evaluated prior to submitting a formal application by special request.
- An associate degree will be accepted depending on the major and/or evaluation of each course. A transfer student with an associate degree can expect to receive a baccalaureate degree in two years.
- Some credits earned by examination may be accepted, i.e. CLEP [general subject], pass-fail, armed services.
- It is preferred that a transfer student have the same high school classes required of entering freshmen. These may be satisfied by college courses and possibly accepted towards a baccalaureate degree.
- Technical courses will not be transferred for credit.
- Merit-based scholarships up to $35,000 are available for eligible transfer students for Fall 2019.
- Housing is guaranteed for eligible transfer students.