We welcome students to discover (or, perhaps, rediscover) Allegheny after beginning their undergraduate education elsewhere.
The Allegheny admissions staff is pleased to offer a limited number of spots to transfer students for both fall and spring semesters, understanding that a student may not have found an ideal fit at his/her current school.
Transfer Courses and Requirements
- A minimum of a 2.0 GPA is required; a 2.5+ is preferred. If applicable, a GPA as computed by a two-year college, with or without an associate degree, will be accepted.
- The maximum number of credits accepted in transfer is 64.
- Only credits with a grade of C or better are transferable in acceptable courses.
- The Registrar’s Office evaluates all credits for transfer after the student has been accepted to Allegheny; transcripts can be evaluated prior to submitting a formal application by special request.
- An associate degree will be accepted depending on the major and/or evaluation of each course. A transfer student with an associate degree can expect to receive a baccalaureate degree in two years.
- Some credits earned by examination may be accepted, i.e. CLEP [general subject], pass-fail, armed services.
- It is preferred that a transfer student have the same high school classes required of entering freshmen. These may be satisfied by college courses and possibly accepted towards a baccalaureate degree.
- Technical courses will not be transferred for credit.
- Merit-based scholarships up to $30,000 are available for eligible transfer students for Fall 2018.
- Housing is guaranteed for eligible transfer students.