April 15: Incoming Student Housing Agreement available
June 24: Incoming Student Housing Agreement due
June 24: Housing Exemption Request Form due (if commuting or requesting to live off-campus)
July 20: Housing assignment and roommate information will be available in Self-Service by 5pm
Incoming Student Housing Agreement – This form contains the Housing Agreement, Housing Preferences, and Meal Plan Selection. This form is for incoming first-year and transfer students. You may make changes to your selections/preferences through June 24. You may make changes to your meal plan through the summer. Please note: you will select your meal plan within the Housing Agreement; after the Housing Agreement closes, you may make changes to your meal plan by selecting “Meal Plan” in the side bar.
- Log into Self-Service with your Allegheny information when prompted to sign in via Google. If you recently received your information or just changed your password and have difficulties logging in, please wait 24 hours and try again. If it still is not working, please contact Information Technology Services. If prompted, select your Allegheny email address.
- Click “Housing Agreement” in the side bar; select “2020-2021 Incoming Student Housing Agreement”
- Read the Housing Agreement thoroughly and then electronically sign your name at the bottom of the page, and select “Continue”.
- Complete the housing and lifestyle preference questions and select “Continue” at the bottom of the page.
- Select the Dining Plan that you want to have for the fall semester and select “Submit” at the bottom of the page.
Housing Exemption Request Form – This form is for students who are requesting to be exempt from the four-year residency requirement. Commuters and other students who meet the exemption criteria need to complete this form to avoid receiving a housing assignment.
What Should You Pack?
For your room:
- Social security card, birth certificate (for your W4 and I9 forms if you plan to get a job on campus)
- One “dressy” outfit (for presentations)
- Lamp (compact fluorescent light bulbs are available on campus)
- Shower Caddy
- Summer/fall clothes (don’t pack for the whole year!)
- Laundry supplies
- First aid kit
- Extra long twin sheets
- Alarm clock
- Shower Shoes
- Trash can
- Cell phone charger
- Storage containers
Discuss with your roommate(s):
- DVD player
- Index Cards
- Flash drive
Do not pack:
- Fridges/Microwaves–we now provide these in each traditional residence hall room
- Air Conditioner
- Halogen Lamp
- Pets (except fish)
- Toaster Oven
- Space Heater
- Hot Plate
- George Foreman (or small grill)
- Weapons of any kind
Accommodations: If you would like to request a housing accommodation, please see the Housing Accommodation Request page and/or contact the Director of Disability Services, John Mangine (firstname.lastname@example.org, 814-332-2898). All documentation is due by June 30.
Incoming Student Housing Process
- Students will complete the Incoming Student Housing Agreement by the deadline. Preferences will be in order of original submission date; updates to preferences will not alter your original submission date.
- Students who are in specialty housing will be placed. Students in these areas may not be able to request roommates who are not part of their specialty housing program. Once a student is placed in specialty housing, they may not change to a different type of housing.
- Residence Life will place students into housing based on their preferences. Students who have mutually matched roommate requests will be placed together when possible; students who do not have a preferred roommate will be paired based on preferences.
- Students will be able to see their roommate and housing assignment in Self-Service by 5pm on July 20. Once students have received their placement, there are no room or roommate changes until two weeks after classes start.
Changes in Housing Assignments: The College reserves the right to make adjustments to housing assignments in order to accommodate all housing needs. Students will be informed if changes must be made to assignments after Housing Selection.
Students who do not complete the Housing Agreement will be assigned to a vacant space.
Transfer Housing Options
Please see Housing Information for the various types and locations of housing for transfer students.