Minutes not submitted to Merrick Archives
The function of the Faculty Review Committee is to make recommendations to the President in matters of tenure, promotion, and three-year appointments in accordance with the faculty appointment guidelines and promotion guidelines approved by the Faculty and the Board of Trustees.
- To administer, through the Office of the Dean of the College, the process by which faculty are considered for tenure, three-year appointment, and promotion;
- To consider evidence submitted by departments and other sources that bears on the qualifications of the faculty who have been nominated or are otherwise eligible for tenure, three-year appointment, and promotion;
- To recommend to the President, through a formal vote of the elected members, appropriate action on each eligible candidate.
Details on the membership of the Committee can be found in the 2017-2018 Faculty Handbook, Standing Committees of the Faculty: Faculty Review, section 3.7.
- Brian Harward (2) (Political Science), Chair
- Sarah Conklin (2) (Psychology, Neuroscience, Global Health Studies)
- Rachel O’Brien (1) (Geology, Dance and Movement Studies)
- Ron Mumme (1) (Biology)
- Matthew Ferrence (English)
- Emily Yochim (Communication Arts/Theater)