Minutes not submitted to Merrick Archives
The function of the Faculty Review Committee is to make recommendations to the President in matters of tenure, promotion, and three-year appointments in accordance with the faculty appointment guidelines and promotion guidelines approved by the Faculty and the Board of Trustees.
- To administer, through the Office of the Dean of the College, the process by which faculty are considered for tenure, three-year appointment, and promotion;
- To consider evidence submitted by departments and other sources that bears on the qualifications of the faculty who have been nominated or are otherwise eligible for tenure, three-year appointment, and promotion;
- To recommend to the President, through a formal vote of the elected members, appropriate action on each eligible candidate.
Details on the membership of the Committee can be found in the 2019-2020 Faculty Handbook, Standing Committees of the Faculty: Faculty Review, section 3.7.
- Ron Mumme, Biology (2.5), Chair
- Matthew Ferrence, English (1.5)
- Rachel O’Brien, Geology, Dance and Movement Studies (2.5)
- Stephanie Martin, Economics (.5)
- Shanna Kirschner, Political Science (.5)
- Emily Yochim, Communication Arts/Theater(1.5)