The following cooperative programs are available:
- Nursing (3+3, 3+4) with the Frances Payne Bolton School of Nursing of Case Western Reserve University
- Occupational Therapy (3+2) with Chatham University
- Physician Assistant Studies (3+2) with Chatham University
- Physical Therapy (4+2) with Chatham University
- Medicine (3+4, 4+4) with the Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (LECOM)
- Pharmacy (3+3, 3+4) with the Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (LECOM)
- Dentistry (4+4) with the Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (LECOM)
In all cases, students complete at least their first three years at Allegheny. In the case of physical therapy the degree is DPT and the undergraduate degree must be completed prior to starting graduate studies. In the case of the medical program at LECOM the degree is D.O. In the case of the dental program at LECOM, the degree is D.M.D. In the case of the pharmacy program at LECOM, the degree is Pharm.D.
Admission to all of the programs is competitive and the existence of a cooperative agreement does not guarantee admission. The programs with Chatham University and LECOM have specific criteria for guaranteed admission and a guaranteed interview. Students are encouraged to see the Director of Pre-Professional Studies in the Gateway for these details as well as for the forms required of all students planning a cooperative program.
Students must complete the standard requirements of a major, a minor, FS courses, and distribution courses in order to obtain the Allegheny degree. Certain combinations of majors and minor work especially well to satisfy both Allegheny requirements and the prerequisite course work for the graduate program. Students are encouraged to consult with the Director of Pre-Professional Studies in their first year for this information. Careful planning is critical to success in these programs.