- Spring 2024 classes are available for you to view on Self-Service! Please see here for additional information about special topics courses, FS 102, 200, and 201 course descriptions, etc.
- Enrolled students may change their schedule after their designated registration day/time, based on the various add/drop deadlines for the semester.
- Pre-registration for the Spring 2024 semester begins on November 6th. Please use the Academic Bulletin and Self-Service to plan your schedule. The Bulletin lists ALL courses, so please use Self-Service to see which classes are actually being offered in a given semester. There are detailed instructions for how to search for add and drop classes via Self-Service here.
- Please check the registration schedule to see at what time you are eligible to register. Please check your profile in Self Service to confirm your correct class and letter. The date and time in the schedule are the earliest that you may register.
- Make sure to consult with your academic advisor(s) before your scheduled registration time to receive permission to register. You will not be permitted to register for any classes without your advisor’s approval (double majors: both advisors must approve you to register).
- If you have previously been informed that you must declare a major and minor this semester, you must also have submitted your reviewed and approved declaration form to be able to register. Remember both your advisor and the Department Chair must approve your declaration so do not wait until the last minute to complete the form.
- Preregistration is limited to a maximum of 18 credits. You will be able to register for up to 20 credits starting the week of November 20th and for over 20 credits (an “overload”) starting on Monday, January 8th.
- If you are unable to register, there may be some sort of hold on your account. Please consult this page for suggestions.
- Once per semester, students need to confirm their address, personal email, etc. Please see here for how to do that.
- If you wish to declare a class “Credit/No Credit” you may do so starting Monday, January 8th. Please consult your advisor as CR/NC courses cannot be used to fulfill some College and departmental requirements. In particular, CR/NC may NOT be used to fulfill the distribution requirements.
- Seniors, if you need to register for a double senior project, please follow these directions.
Registration Class: Please note that Registration Class is determined by the number of credits you will have earned by the end of the semester, not when you entered Allegheny; for example, you may think of yourself as a “sophomore” because this is your second year but be eligible to register as a junior. A student is considered to be a first-year student from the date of matriculation until the semester following completion of the 28th semester hour, when the student becomes a sophomore. A student becomes a junior in the semester following completion of the 60th semester hour, and a senior in the semester following completion of the 92nd semester hour.
Financial Aid Considerations: If you have questions about your financial aid for spring semester 2024, please contact the Office of Financial Aid at firstname.lastname@example.org or 814-332-2701 or toll free at 1-800-835-7780
Billing Considerations: If you have questions about your tuition or billing, please contact the Office of Financial Services at email@example.com or toll free at 1-800-376-7075.