Allegheny College is currently doing maintenance to the transcript system which has caused an unexpected delay in the processing of electronic and paper transcripts. All transcripts will be processed as soon as the update is complete. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Course Adjustments: Self-Service will re-open for all students to Add or Drop unrestricted Fall classes on Tuesday 6 July. At that time, students may register for up to 20 credits without special permission.
On Monday 3 May, Self-Service will be temporarily closed while we make final adjustments to the Fall schedule. You will still be able to log on to see your schedule.
Self-Service will re-open on Tuesday 4 May.
Students may register for up to 18 credits at this time. You can continue to add courses that have open seats online, and you can also drop any course online.
Registration will close on Friday 4 June and remain closed through First-Year Course Registration.
The All-College Change Period will begin on Tuesday 6 July. Students will then be able to register for up to 20 credits.
The Overload Form will open on Monday 23 August.
- Registration for more than 20 credits requires advisor approval; please complete the Overload Approval Form, which will then be sent to your advisor(s). You may need to meet with your advisor before they can approve the overload. They may also deny the overload.
- Registration for 22 or more credits requires both your advisor’s approval and permission from the Registrar, who will review the information on the Overload Approval Form along with your academic record and will assess your level of preparedness for the requested overload. You may be required to meet with the Registrar in person, and permission for course overloads may be denied.
Add Authorization will be required for adding courses beginning on Tuesday 24 August.
Please contact the Registrar’s Office (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have questions about registering for Fall.
Effective May 21, transcript requests cannot be processed until spring semester grades are posted. This applies to ALL requests — from current students, pending graduates, and alumni.
If you have a deadline date before or near May 21, 2021, we recommend that you request your transcript(s) prior to May 21; otherwise it will be held until on or around June 2, 2021. Students wishing to have spring semester grades should indicate “Hold for Current Semester Grades” when ordering. If you do not, you may need to order a second transcript. We anticipate that these transcripts will be processed and forwarded on or around June 2.
Seniors graduating in May 2021 should select “Hold for Current Semester Grades & Degree Posted” to make sure their degree is listed on the transcript. If you do not, you may need to order a second transcript. We anticipate that these transcripts will be processed and forwarded on or around June 7, 2021, after the faculty have voted to confer degrees.
Students who are facing academic suspension or dismissal will have their transcripts held until after the process concludes, on or around June 9.
Students who are not graduating seniors may continue to order transcripts as usual, but should be aware that delivery will be delayed during this period. Please plan ahead!!
Questions or concerns? Please contact the Office of the Registrar at 814-332-2357 or email@example.com.
- Senior Group E were interrupted in the middle of their registration window this morning. They will be given the afternoon to catch up and the last three senior letters, F, G, and H have been moved back as follows.
- Seniors in Group F will be eligible to register at 7:30 am tomorrow morning (Thursday, April 15, 2021) and NOT this afternoon
- Seniors in Group G will be eligible to register at 1:00 pm tomorrow (Thursday, April 15, 2021) and NOT in the morning
- Seniors in Group H will be eligible to register at 7:30 am on Friday, April 16, 2021 and NOT on Thursday afternoon
All continuing students should have received an e-mail on Monday, March 29, titled “From the Registrar: Pre-Registration for Fall 2021 Starts Soon.” Please consult that message for additional details about registration for Fall 2021.
See here for the web version of the updates.
Add/Drop/CR-NC Deadline is Thursday 4 March at 5:00 pm
Thursday, March 4 at 5:00 p.m. is the deadline to add a class, drop a class, or declare a course Credit/No Credit for the Spring semester. All adds and drops must be completed on Self-Service by this time. All course conflict forms must be completed by that time. All CR/NC requests must be completed by that time.
Students who miss the deadline will NOT be able to change their schedules.
Overload deadline is Wednesday 3 March at noon
The deadline to submit an overload form for Spring 2021 is noon on Wednesday 3 March. The form will be turned off at that time.
The deadline to take a Student-Initiated Withdrawal (‘X’) for a Spring 2021 Module 1 course is 5:00 pm U.S. Eastern time on Monday 1 February. See form here.
The add/drop deadline and credit/no credit deadline for all Module 1 courses is 5:00 pm tomorrow, Friday, January 22.
Course registration via Self-Service will be closed temporarily, at 5:00 pm Friday, January 22, so that we can close the book on Module 1 enrollments. It will reopen on Monday morning, January 25, for students to continue to enroll in open and eligible full-semester or Module 2 classes. Please see here for the full academic calendar.
Any student who is not enrolled for any courses by 5:00 pm on Friday, January 22 will be placed on a leave and will not be able to be enrolled in classes or be on campus for the Spring 2021 semester. Please do not wait until the last minute, as the deadline cannot be extended for any student.
Please see the Registrar’s webpage for important information about Spring 2021. Due to the modular structure of the semester, many things are going to be DIFFERENT from previous Spring semesters.
- There are multiple add/drop deadlines for Spring 2021!! — January 22 for Module 1, February 2 for full semester senior projects, March 4 for Module 2 and 2A, and April 15 for Module 2B.
- There are two overload deadlines for Spring 2021!! — noon on January 21 for Module 1 and noon on March 3 for Module 2.
- Seniors: Check your Senior Project Registration!!
- Signature Consent vs. Add Authorization in Self-Service — If your course has started, then faculty will use “Add Authorization” to add students; If your course has not started, then either the student can add if the class is open and they are eligible OR faculty will need to use “Signature Consent” to add students.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.