Module A ‘X’ Deadline: The last day to opt for a student-initiated withdrawal from a Module A course (“X”) is Tuesday, September 21, 2021 at 5:00 p.m. EST.
The form for withdrawals is available on-line here. The completed form must be submitted by 5:00 p.m. EST on Tuesday, September 21, 2021. Please keep in mind that only one student-initiated withdrawal per student is permitted per semester. If you wish to take a leave of absence from the College (i.e., to withdraw from all classes this semester), please contact the Dean of Students Office.
If taking a student-initiated withdrawal will leave you with fewer than 12 credits for the semester, you are strongly encouraged to consult with Financial Aid and Financial Services before you submit the form.
Start of the Fall 2021 semester: Please note that Self-Service may close briefly on Monday August 23 so that the Registrar’s Office can make necessary updates. The Add/Drop period begins at 12:01am on Tuesday August 24. Self-Service will remain open for course adjustments until 5:00 pm on Tuesday September 7.
Deadline for Add, Drop, and CR/NC: Tuesday 7 September at 5:00 p.m. is the deadline to add a class, drop a class, or declare a course Credit/No Credit for the Fall 2021 semester. Instructions for adding a class can be found here. Students who miss the deadline will NOT be able to change their schedules.
Overloads: Taking more than 20 credits in a semester requires the permission of your academic advisor; taking more than 21 credits requires the permission of the Registrar. Each overload form must be accompanied by a brief statement explaining why you are seeking this overload. Please see the Overload Approval page for details and to complete the Overload Approval Form. You may submit Overload Forms online starting on Monday August 23.
Overload forms must be submitted NO LATER than **NOON** on **Monday September 6**.
On Monday 3 May, Self-Service will be temporarily closed while we make final adjustments to the Fall schedule. You will still be able to log on to see your schedule.
Self-Service will re-open on Tuesday 4 May.
Students may register for up to 18 credits at this time. You can continue to add courses that have open seats online, and you can also drop any course online.
Registration will close on Friday 4 June and remain closed through First-Year Course Registration.
The All-College Change Period will begin on Tuesday 6 July. Students will then be able to register for up to 20 credits.
The Overload Form will open on Monday 23 August.
- Registration for more than 20 credits requires advisor approval; please complete the Overload Approval Form, which will then be sent to your advisor(s). You may need to meet with your advisor before they can approve the overload. They may also deny the overload.
- Registration for 22 or more credits requires both your advisor’s approval and permission from the Registrar, who will review the information on the Overload Approval Form along with your academic record and will assess your level of preparedness for the requested overload. You may be required to meet with the Registrar in person, and permission for course overloads may be denied.
Add Authorization will be required for adding courses beginning on Tuesday 24 August.
Please contact the Registrar’s Office (email@example.com) if you have questions about registering for Fall.
A flaw was discovered this morning which required Registration to be closed while it was fixed. As a result the Registration windows have been rescheduled to maintain fairness.
- Senior Group E were interrupted in the middle of their registration window this morning. They will be given the afternoon to catch up and the last three senior letters, F, G, and H have been moved back as follows.
- Seniors in Group F will be eligible to register at 7:30 am tomorrow morning (Thursday, April 15, 2021) and NOT this afternoon
- Seniors in Group G will be eligible to register at 1:00 pm tomorrow (Thursday, April 15, 2021) and NOT in the morning
- Seniors in Group H will be eligible to register at 7:30 am on Friday, April 16, 2021 and NOT on Thursday afternoon
The Module B add deadline and the Student-initiated Withdrawal (‘X’) deadline have each been extended one week.
- The Module B add deadline is now Monday 30 March 2020.
- The Student-initiated Withdrawal (‘X’) deadline is now Tuesday 31 March 2020.
The Registrar has been granted the authority to extend that deadline further to accommodate specific
disruptions related to COVID-19. Students should e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
if they have questions.