Registration Forms

You will need to logged into your Allegheny College account to access these forms. This may not be the account into which you are logged in to your phone, tablet, or personal computer. When you go to view the document, make sure you are logged into your Allegheny email, and off any other Google account. You may also want to try using an incognito window, or a private browsing session.

Course Conflicts

Students are permitted to take classes that have less than 20 minute overlaps in time with the permission of faculty and if they complete the form below. Please be aware that if the conflict is more than 20 minutes it WILL NOT be approved even if the instructors are okay with the overlap.

Students will not be able to enroll in courses with time conflicts via Self-Service. If the conflict is approved the Registrar’s Office will register the student for the course that conflicts (i.e. the student should register for one of the courses during their pre-reg time frame – The Registrar’s Office will register for the other course after the student registration time frame).

Please consult the faculty teaching the courses for which you have a conflict before you submit this form. Receiving a copy of your request should not be the first time they are hearing about it!!

Course Conflict Information

Please use the above link for information on Course Conflicts and the Course Conflict Form.

Overload Approval Forms

Overloads for Fall 2024

Overload Approval Form

Course Overload Approval Information 

The Fall 2024 Overload Approval Form is now on. Monday, September 9, 2024 at NOON was the deadline to complete the form. 

Please use the above links for information on Course Overload Approval and the Overload Approval Form.

You may register for up to 20 credits without special permission. Forms may be submitted starting now. Completing this form will trigger an e-mail to your advisor(s) asking for their approval of the overload. Overloads may not be processed without advisor approval.

If you wish to register for more than 20 credits, complete this form.

Before you submit this form please do the following: 1) add the courses to your plan in Self-Service; and 2) request “add authorization” from the faculty in the classes for which you are not yet registered. This will speed everything up.

Your faculty should know in advance what you plan. Please communicate with them via e-mail before submitting this form so they may advise you appropriately.

Please note that receiving approval to take an overload is not the same as registering for the additional courses. STUDENTS WILL NEED TO REGISTER FOR THE CLASS THEMSELVES ON SELF-SERVICE ONCE THE OVERLOAD IS APPROVED. IT IS THEREFORE IMPORTANT THAT STUDENTS DO NOT DELAY IN SUBMITTING THIS FORM. Students should be aware that if they wait until the last minute it may not be possible for their application to be completed and reviewed before the add deadline.

Registration for 22 or more credits requires both your advisor’s approval and permission from the Registrar, who will review the information on this form along with your academic record and will assess your level of preparedness for the requested overload. You may be required to meet with the Registrar in person, and permission for course overloads may be denied.

Credit/No Credit Form

The Credit/No Credit Form is now off for Spring 2024. Be mindful of the deadline dates.

Please remember that a course taken CR/NC, in most cases, does not count toward the major or minor requirements and does not count toward the distribution requirements.

There are multiple deadlines for electing Credit/No Credit for Spring 2024

Spring 2024 Module A Courses, Monday, January 29, 2024 at 5:00 p.m.
Spring 2024 14-Week Courses, Monday, January 24, 2004 at 5:00 p.m.
Spring 2024 Module B Courses, Monday, March 25, 2024 at 5:00 p.m.

Please use the form above to declare a Spring 2024 course Credit/No Credit.

Student-Initiated Withdrawal (“X”) Form

Student-Initiated Withdrawal Form is now turned on . Be mindful of the deadline dates.

Deadlines for student-initiated withdrawal (“X”) for Spring 2024 are as follows:

  • Module A Course, Monday, February 12, 2024 at 5:00 p.m.
  • 14-Week Course, Tuesday, March 26, 2024 at 5:00 p.m.
  • Module B Course, Tuesday, April 15, 2024 at 5:00 p.m.

If you need to take an “X” in a Module B course, please email

Major/Minor Declarations

Declaration of Major/Minor Form for 2023 Academic Bulletin 

Declaration of Major/Minor Form 2022 Academic Bulletin

Declaration of Major/Minor Form Fall 2016 to Spring 2022

Please use the appropriate form above to declare your major/minor.

Change of Academic Bulletin

Change of Academic Bulletin Form (changing to 2022 Bulletin or later)

Change of Academic Bulletin (prior to 2022 Bulletin)

Please use the correct form above to either change your Bulletin if you have already declared or to declare your major/minor AND change your Bulletin at the same time.

Change of Major

Please use the form above to change a previously declared major.

Change of Minor

Please use the form above to change a previously declared minor.

Change of Advisor

Please use the form above to change your advisor (without declaring or changing your major)

Transfer Credit Approval Form

Please use the form above to obtain pre-approval for transfer credits