All continuing students should have received an e-mail on Wednesday, March 30, titled “Fall 2022 Registration Starts Soon” which included your registration class and letter group.
The date and time in the schedule are the earliest that you may register. Please see here for the registration schedule.
- Registration Class: Please note that Registration Class is determined by the number of credits you will have earned by the end of the semester, not when you entered Allegheny; for example, you may think of yourself as a “sophomore” because this is your second year but be eligible to register as a junior. A student is considered to be a first-year student from the date of matriculation until the semester following completion of the 28th semester hour, when the student becomes a sophomore. A student becomes a junior in the semester following completion of the 60th semester hour, and a senior in the semester following completion of the 92nd semester hour.
Please see here for additional information about special topics courses, introductory lab courses for divisional distribution, FS 201 course descriptions, etc.
Make sure to consult with your academic advisor(s) before your scheduled registration time to receive permission to register – you will not be permitted to register for any classes without your advisor’s approval (double majors: both advisors must approve you to register).
If you have previously been informed that you must declare a major and minor this semester, you must also have submitted your declaration form to be able to register.
There are a number of things that seem to cause confusion every year. I have tried to summarize them below.
- Preregistration is limited to a maximum of 18 credits. You will be able to register for up to 20 credits in August after new, incoming first-year students register over the summer.
- If you wish to declare a class “Credit/No Credit” you may do so starting in August. Please consult your advisor as CR/NC courses cannot be used to fulfill some College and departmental requirements. In particular, CR/NC may NOT be used to fulfill the distribution requirements for students who entered the College in Fall 2016 or after.
- If you need to register for a double senior project, please follow these directions.
- If you are unable to register, there may be some sort of hold on your account. Please consult this page for suggestions.
If you have questions about registering for Fall, please contact the Registrar’s Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 814-332-2357.