Change in Graduation Requirements

What does it mean to change my graduation requirements?

Students follow the graduation requirements outlined in the Academic Bulletin published in the year they first came to Allegheny College. So, for example, if you entered the College in 2017, you are subject to the graduation requirements outlined in the 2017-2018 Academic Bulletin.

For most students, this will work out fine, but some students may wish to declare a major or minor that was not available in the year they came to the College.

How do I change my graduation requirements?

  1. Read the policy in the Academic Bulletin and discuss your situation with your advisor(s) and/or the Office of the Registrar.
    • Are you eligible to request a change? (See below for details)
    • What are the ramifications of the change for your course of study?
    • Have you consulted with Financial Aid to make sure there are no issues with your decision?
      • If you have already completed the requirements of a major or your anticipated graduation date will change, you must consult with the Office of Financial Aid before making the change.
  2. Complete the Change in Graduation Requirements form available here and in the Office of the Registrar.
    • Collect all the appropriate signatures and write a brief rationale for the change.
  3. Submit the form to the Office of the Registrar and meet with a member of staff.