Pre-registration for Spring 2022
The Spring 2022 schedule will be available by October 11, 2021
Please Note: All Module 1 courses (January 18, 2022 through February 10, 2022) will be held ON CAMPUS IN-PERSON.
You will be e-mailed your specific registration class and letter. Please see here for the registration schedule.
- As necessary, remind yourself about how to use Self-Service. See here for detailed instructions and “how-to” videos.
- Log in to Self-Service.
- Deal with any red warning notices.
- Using Self-Service, plan your courses for Spring 2022.
- Communicate with your advisor about your plan, and get their approval to register.
- When your assigned day and time comes, register for classes
- If the course requires a “signature,” please communicate directly with the instructor. You should include your student ID in the communication. Once they have approved you, you will be able to register for the course YOURSELF.
Registration Class: Please note that Registration Class is determined by the number of credits you will have earned by the end of the semester, not when you entered Allegheny; for example, you may think of yourself as a “sophomore” because this is your second year but be eligible to register as a junior. A student is considered to be a first-year student from the date of matriculation until the semester following completion of the 28th semester hour, when the student becomes a sophomore. A student becomes a junior in the semester following completion of the 60th semester hour, and a senior in the semester following completion of the 92nd semester hour.
Please see here for additional information about special topics courses, introductory lab courses for divisional distribution, FS 102 and 201 course descriptions, etc.
Make sure to consult with your academic advisor(s) before your scheduled registration time to receive permission to register – you will not be permitted to register for any classes without your advisor’s approval (double majors: both advisors must approve you to register).
If you have previously been informed that you must declare a major and minor this semester, you must also have submitted your declaration form to be able to register.
There are a number of things that seem to cause confusion every year. I have tried to summarize them below.
- Preregistration is limited to a maximum of 18 credits.You will be able to register for up to 20 credits in December after the first-year students registered.
- If you wish to declare a class “Credit/No Credit” you may do so starting in August. Please consult your advisor as CR/NC courses cannot be used to fulfill some College and departmental requirements. In particular, CR/NC may NOT be used to fulfill the distribution requirements for students who entered the College in Fall 2016 or after.
- If you need to register for a double senior project, please follow these directions.
- If you are unable to register, there may be some sort of hold on your account. Please consult this page for suggestions.